FLOORING 101Everything you need to know about flooring is right here.
cleaning and care
Cleaning can be done quickly with a few low-cost cleaning tools and a regular care routine keeps the hardwood floor looking its best. Always clean your wood floors periodically with a professional wood floor cleaning product recommended by a wood flooring professional and/or the manufacturer of your hardwood floor product.
- Sweep, vacuum, or dust mop regularly.
- Immediately wipe up liquid spills with cloth or paper towels.
- Maintain with Bona* leading brand of prefinished hardwood floor cleaner.
- Use felt protectors or furniture coasters for heavy furniture.
- Close curtains or blinds to limit direct sun exposure.
- Maintain room temperature (60-80 degrees F) year round.
- Maintain relative humidity in room/building (between 30-50%) year round.
- Use a damp mop (wood floors and water DO NOT mix).
- Use oil base soaps.
- Ever paste wax based products (NEVER wax a urethane floor).
- Drag sharp wooden legs or metal furniture legs for it can scratch/dent hardwood floors.
- Expose to direct sun light for extended period of time for it may dry/fade natural wood.
PROTECT YOUR FLOOR INVESTMENT
Hardwood floors are a lifetime investment and you have spent a considerable amount of money to add value to your home. The first thing you should understand about caring for your new floor is that you are not actually cleaning the wood. You are actually cleaning the polyurethane. The wood is beneath a protective layer of polyurethane. It is important to keep this protective coating in good condition to protect the wood. Routine maintenance should include protecting the surface finish from moisture and heavy wear, which creates scratches.
Urbanfloor is not related or affiliated with Bona USA, Inc. and does not gain any monetary benefit by referring Bona products. Recommendations are voluntary and solely based on our own experience. Bona and BonaKemi USA Inc. are registered trademarks of their respective owners.