This program is limited to residential application only and does not apply to commercial or industrial use. This warranty is extended to the original purchaser ONLY and is not transferable. It is the responsibility of the installer and/or home owner to inspect planks prior to installations. Planks not visually or physically acceptable should be put to one side and possibly used in another location of the room. Urbanfloor accepts no responsibility for costs of product or labor when planks with visible defects have been installed.
Seasonal expansion and contraction of wood flooring is normal and not a manufacturing defect.
As wood is a natural product industry standards allow for a defect/irregular tolerance of up to 5%.
LIMITED lifetime STRUCTURAL WARRANTY
Urbanfloor™ warrants that the residential flooring sold under this Warranty is, at the time of sale, free from defects in material and manufacture and that it conforms to Urbanfloor's standard specifications for the product category. Urbanfloor further warrants that when installed and maintained according to Urbanfloor specifications and when used according to its intended purpose, the flooring will not delaminate, separate, buckle or cup as a result of a manufacturing defect (Visit the following links for Urbanfloor's installation and maintenance).
If your Urbanfloor product fails for any of the above reasons, Urbanfloor will replace or repair, at its option, a portion, or all of the flooring at no cost to the original purchaser as long as the original purchaser still owns the property where the floor was installed. Urbanfloor warranty is only extended to flooring maintained in Normal Environmental Conditions. Meaning that the heating and ventilating systems are working to maintain an interior humidity level between 30% to 50% and a room temperature between 60ºF to 80ºF year round.
Color variations, mineral streaks, and small knots are considered part of the natural character and beauty of wood flooring and are not considered manufacturing defects.
Urbanfloor™ warrants that the factory-installed finish on the Flooring is, at the time of sale, free from defects in material and manufacture and that it conforms to Urbanfloor's standard specifications for the finish. Urbanfloor further warrants that when maintained according to Urbanfloor's cleaning and maintenance instruction (visit the following links for Urban's installation and maintenance) and used for its intended purpose, the finish will not wear through to bare wood for 35 years from the date of purchase of our Urban Lifestyle Collection, Presidential Signature Collection, Villa Caprisi and Composer Collection. 30 years for Mountain Country Collection; 25 years for Welcome Home Collection; 20 years for Royal Court Collection.
Gloss reduction is not considered a manufacturing defect and is not included in this warranty. Finish warranty excludes any surfaces checks/splits caused by improper environmental conditions, scratches, indentations, and color change from indoor UV light or sunlight.
The Urbanfloor installation and maintenance instructions MUST be followed as condition for these Warranties to have effect. You may obtain these instructions directly from Urbanfloor™ by downloading or printing them from this website or sending an email request to info@Urbanfloor.com.
NOTE: Moldings are not included under our Finish Warranty.
Light commercial Warranty
Urbanfloor™ warrants it's Urban Lifestyle, Mountain Country and Welcome Home Collections for light commercial applications for period of 3-year finish and 3-year structural. Presidential Signature Collection for a period of 3-year finish only. Villa Caprisi and Composer Collections for a period of 5-year finish and 5-year structural.
- Failure to maintain the environment at a humidity range of 30% to 50% year round and a room temperature of 60º to 80ºF.
- Checks, splits, delamination caused by improper environmental conditions.
- Color variations in flooring are a natural occurrence due to species, age, character of flooring and exposure to UV light or sunlight. For these reasons, new and/or replacement flooring may not match display samples and/or existing flooring.
- Due to color variations of product and/or samples, Urbanfloor™ is not responsible for the consumer matching flooring to other wood products, such as cabinets, stair railings, trim and any existing moldings.
- Normal exposure to sunlight will bring about changes in the shading of any hardwood floor as the floor ages. Area rugs should be moved occasionally as they block sunlight and may give the appearance of discoloring under the rug. This is not a product defect.
- Improper installation/maintenance and failure to adhere to Urbanfloor installation/maintenance instructions.
- It is the responsibility of the installer and/or the homeowner to inspect boards prior to installation. Urbanfloor™ accepts no responsibility for costs of product or labor when boards with visible defects have been installed.
- Indentations or scratches caused by furniture, appliances, pet claws, spiked or damaged heels, pivot points, sand and pebbles or other abrasive materials.
- Installation over radiant floor heating with a surface temperature in excess of 85° F.
- Damage due to water and/or moisture including but not limited to damage resulting from broken or leaking pipes, wet mopping, weather conditions or natural disasters is excluded from Urbanfloor™ warranties.
- Insect infestation after product leaves our facility.
- Abuse, neglect, abnormal use or misuse, application of solvents, corrosives, or other chemicals, etc. improper cleaning or maintenance products.
- Squeaking or popping sounds on stapled or nail down products.
MOLDING STRUCTURAL WARRANTY
Urbanfloor™ warrants to the original purchaser that the moldings will be free of defects in material and workmanship when installed and maintained according to Urbanfloor specifications. If a molding fails, Urbanfloor will replace or repair, at its option for as long as the original purchase still owns the property where the molding was installed. Inspect moldings before installation. Once material is installed it is considered accepted.
Although moldings are designed to be the closet representation of the actual floor, variation in color, texture, shading, grain, knots, distressing will be evident and in some species can be extensive. This is normal and is not considered a defect.
NOTE: Moldings are not covered by a finish warranty.
CUSTOMER CLAIM POLICIES
- Claim forms can be found in this website under Customer Support > Form download; or click here to go to form download page.
- Claim must be presented by the original Dealer/Distributor that purchased the material through Urbanfloor.
- Claim must have Dealer/Distributors invoice number from Urbanfloor that the claim is associated with.
- Products sold over the internet are prohibited by Urbanfloor, and carry no warranty if purchased online.
(See Urbanfloor's Internet Sales Policy here).
- Claim form is to be filled out, and faxed to our Claim Department (323) 890-0188.
- Claim form must be complete, including square footage installed, square footage of complaint, material type, Urban's original invoice# and purchase date, installation date and clear pictures showing area(s) of complaint.
- Claim department will then decide if a Certified Inspector will be scheduled, or material replaced.
- Claims are handled directly with the Dealer/Distributor. All findings will be sent to the Dealer/Distributor along with a letter of acceptance or denial of the claim. It is up to the Dealer/Distributor to pass findings along to the end user.
Any claim under the Residential Limited Warranties shall be made by contacting your retailer within 30 days after it has been detected. Proof of purchase, including the date of purchase, must be presented to make a claim. All claims must be filed through your Urbanfloor dealer.
If Urbanfloor™ accepts a claim under the Residential Limited Warranties; it will repair or replace, as its portion, the affected Urbanfloor flooring materials. If the design for which a claim is made is no longer available, Urbanfloor will replace the affected Urbanfloor flooring materials with another design of equal value. These warranties are not transferable. They extend only to the original end-consumer.
Urbanfloor Forms are available for download at: http://www.urbanfloor.com/downloads
Urbanfloor™ DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING DOWNTIME, LOSS OF USE OF FLOORING/FACILITIES/EQUIPMENT, LOSS OF PROFIT OR REVENUE. BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THIS PRODUCT. THE ABOVE REMEDIES ARE THE CUSTOMER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR CLAIMS ON THIS PRODUCT.
This warranty constitutes the entire agreement of the parties, and no waiver or amendment shall be valid unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Urbanfloor™. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state.