This program is limited to residential application only and does not apply to commercial or industrial use. This warranty is extended to the original purchaser ONLY and is not transferable. It is the responsibility of the installer and/or home owner to inspect planks prior to installations. Planks not visually or phisically acceptable should be put to one side and possibiy used in another location of the room. Urbanfloor accepts no responsibility for costs of product or labor when planks with visible defects have been installed.
Limited Lifetime Structure Warranty
Urbanfloor™ warrants that the residential flooring sold under this Warranty is, at the time of sale, free from defects in material and manufacture and that it conforms to Urbanfloor's standard specifications for the product category. Urbanfloor further warrants that when installed and maintained according to Urbanfloor specifications and when used according to its intended purpose, the flooring will not delaminate, separate, buckle or cup as a result of a manufacturing defect. (Visit the following links for Urbanfloor's installation and maintenance or request a printed, hard-copy brochure on our literature request page.)
If your Urbanfloor product fails for any of the above reasons, Urbanfloor will replace or repair, at its option , a portion, or all of the flooring at no cost to the original purchaser as long as the original purchaser still owns the property where the floor was installed.Urbanfloor warranty is only extended to flooring maintained in Normal Environmental Conditions. Meaning that the heating and ventilating systems are working to maintain an interior humidity level between 30% to 50% and a room temperature between 60ºF to 80ºF year round.
Color variations, mineral streaks, and small knots are considered part of the natural character and beauty of wood flooring and are not considered manufacturing defects.
Urbanfloor™ warrants that the factory-installed finish on the Flooring is, at the time of sale, free from defects in material and manufacture and that it conforms to Urbanfloor's standard specifications for the finish. Urbanfloor further warrants that when maintained according to Urbanfloor's cleaning and maintenance instruction and used for its intended purpose, the finish will not wear through to bare wood for 35 (thirty-five) years from the date of purchase for our Premium Collections; 30 (thirty) years for Mountain Country Collections and 25 (twenty-five) years for Welcome Home Collections. Gloss reduction is not considered a manufacturing defect and is not included in this warranty. Finish warranty excludes any surface checks/splits caused by improper environmental conditions, scratches, indentations, color change from indoor UV light or sunlight.
The Urbanfloor installation and maintenance instructions MUST be followed as a condition for these Warranties to have effect. You may obtain these instructions directly from Urbanfloor™ by downloading or printing them from this website or sending an email request to info@Urbanfloor.com. You may also request an hard copy brouchure by faxing to (323) 890-0188.
Urban Floor warrants to the original purchaser that moldings will be free of defects in materials and workmanship; however the moldings are not warranted against excessive force, heavy foot traffic or accidental breakage. In the event of excessive warping and delamination while used under normal conditions, Urban Floor will replace the molding for the lifetime of the original purchaser. Natural wood characteristics such as mineral streaks, small knots and grain variations are to be expected and are not considered defects.
Urban Floor's unique factory applied finish can be maintained with normal non-abrasive cleaning and damp mopping. No attempt should be made to sand or recoat prefinished Urban Floor moldings. Accordingly, any sanding, top-coating, recoating, or attempted refinishing of Urban Floor’s factory applied finish will invalidate this warranty.
Failure to maintain the environment at a humidity range of 30% to 50% year round and a room
temperature of 60º to 80ºF.
- Color variations in flooring are a natural occurrence due to species, age, character of flooring and exposure to UV light or sunlight. For these reasons, new and/or replacement flooring may not match display samples and/or existing flooring.
- Due to color variations of product and/or samples, Urbanfloor™ is not responsible for the consumer matching flooring to other wood products, such as cabinets, stair railings, trim and any existing moldings.
- Normal exposure to sunlight will bring about changes in the shading of any hardwood floor as the floor ages. Area rugs should be moved occasionally as they block sunlight and may give the appearance of discoloring under the rug. This is not a product defect.
- Improper installation/maintenance and failure to adhere to Urbanfloor installation/maintenance instructions.
- It is the responsibility of the installer and/or the homeowner to inspect boards prior to installation. Urbanfloor™ accepts no responsibility for costs of product or labor when boards with visible defects have been installed.
- Abuse, lack of maintenance, neglect, abnormal use or misuse, negligence, application of solvents, corrosives or other chemicals to the Flooring, color change, fading or damage due to exposure to the sun,excessive pivot and point-loads, spike-heeled shoes, unpadded furniture feet, water, damage from sand, pebbles or other abrasives or other unintended uses.
- Installation over radiant floor heating with a surface temperature in excess of 85° F.
- Damage due to water and/or moisture including but not limited to damage resulting from broken or leaking pipes, wet mopping, weather conditions or natural disasters is excluded from Urbanfloor™ warranties.
Any claim under the Residential Limited Warranties shall be made by contacting your retailer within 30 days after it has been detected. Proof of purchase, including the date of purchase, must be presented to make a claim.
If Urbanfloor™ accepts a claim under the Residential Limited Warranties, it will repair or replace, as its portion, the affected Urbanfloor flooring materials. If the design for which a claim is made is no longer available, Urbanfloor will replace the affected Urbanfloor flooring materials with another design of equal value. These warranties are not transferable. They extend only to the original end-consumer.
Urbanfloor's Claim Initiaion Form is available for download here.
Urbanfloor™ DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THIS PRODUCT.
THE ABOVE REMEDIES ARE THE CUSTOMER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR CLAIMS ON THIS PRODUCT.
This warranty constitutes the entire agreement of the parties, and no waiver or amendment shall be valid unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Urbanfloor™. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state.