Tis the season to be stressed out? Not!
Well, the holiday season is upon us once again, time for families to get together and over eat. Watch football, exchange gifts and realize you can’t put off that purchase of new flooring any longer. Your family that you haven’t seen in years is coming town and you’re entering freak out mode. That old nasty carpet you should have changed out during the Bush administration just cannot be tolerated another day. Now with your mother in law and aunt Betty coming to town your going into nesting overdrive. OMG what to do first?!
The first thing to do is not wait until the last minute. If you’re thinking you can get a good quality product and installation by Thanksgiving you’re probably smoking your turkey (pun intended). This is the busiest time of year for your local flooring dealer as everyone has family coming to town. Everyone is trying to make a good impression with their in laws and put their best foot forward. You’re most likely too late for Thanksgiving but there is still time for the end of the year festivities.
Start looking now! If you’re reading this you’re on the right track. Check out all the selections here at urbanfloor.com and have an idea what you’re looking for before you visit your local dealer. This time of year some dealers have their installation crews booked out 3-4 weeks in advance. So if you start now and do as much preparation before you go shopping you can squeeze that project in on time. Here is a list of a few things to think about before you shop.
- What is my budget (how much can I afford to spend)?
- What areas of my home are priorities?
- Time off work, you will most likely need to take some days off work while the project is being done. New flooring can take from one day to three weeks depending on the scope of work.
- Think about preparation to save on cost. Can you move your own furniture? Can you remove and dispose of your old flooring? Doing these will save time and money.
- What will I do with my five dogs and six cats?
- Expect the unexpected. No matter how good or experienced your dealer representative is when he comes out to measure and evaluate your home. There is a very good chance that some hidden condition may exist under that old carpet that cannot be seen until the day the project starts. Damaged sub floor, uneven dips and humps that carpet and pad will hide from view until removed. Often repair of these conditions must be done before the new floor is installed and this will require extra cost.
Ok so what’s next? Get going the clock is ticking you still have time but time is getting short. This is the best time of year, time for family and friends. Don’t let the enormity of it all stress you out. You have help out there; visit your local Urban Floor Dealer. Let them walk you through the process, it’s not too late to make a great first impression! Hurry the clock is ticking….
Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12) thrown in /home/urbanfloor/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/seo-facebook-comments/facebook/base_facebook.php on line 1273