Cleaning and caring for your wood flooring is simple. But there are a few guidelines you should be aware of to keep your investment in tip-top shape. If you ever have any questions regarding our products, maintenance, installation, cleaning and care DO reach out and ask us. We’re happy to help.
Visit Us: www.urbanfloor.com
Call Us Toll Free: (866) 75-URBAN (87226)
- DO consult with an installer, the finisher or the manufacturer if there is any doubt of the kind of floor finish.
- DO place mats and throw rugs at doorways, exteriors and interiors to help prevent the tracking of grit, dirt and sand.
- DO put plastic or fabric-faced glides under the legs of furniture to prevent scuffing and scratching.
- DO trim and file your pets claws regularly to help prevent small scratches.
- DO place an area rug in front of the kitchen sink to catch water.
- DO sweep, vacuum or dust mop.
- DO clean spills with cloth, paper towel or napkins.
- DO close curtains and blinds during the day when possible as direct sun exposure for an extended period of time can dry and/or fade natural wood.
- DO maintain with a leading brand of prefinished hardwood floor cleaner.*
- DON’T move heavy furniture without protecting wood flooring by slipping a piece of cloth or pile under the legs or covering each leg.
- DON’T ever wet-mop a wood floor; standing water can dull the finish, damage the wood and leave a discoloring residue.
- DON’T wear cleats, sports shoes and high heels on your wood floors as they can dent any floor surface.
- DON’T allow abrasives such as sand and glass to sit on your floor as they can damage your floors finish. Sweep or vacuum regularly.
- DON’T use oil base soaps.
PROTECT YOUR FLOOR INVESTMENT
Hardwood floors are a lifetime investment and you have spent a considerable amount of money to add value to your home. The first thing you should understand about caring for your new floor is that you are not actually cleaning the wood. You are actually cleaning the polyurethane. The wood is beneath a protective layer of polyurethane. It is important to keep this protective coating in good condition to protect the wood. Routine maintenance should include protecting the surface finish from moisture and heavy wear, which creates scratches.
*Urbanfloor recommends Bona® cleaning products. Bona (also known as BonaKemi®) is widely regarded as the best cleaning solution available.
Urbanfloor is not related or affiliated with BonaKemi USA, Inc., and does not gain any monetary benefit by referring Bona® products. Recommendations are voluntary and solely based on our own experience. Bona® and BonaKemi USA, Inc. are registered trademarks of their respective owners.